1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, whisked
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
YUM! Late nights, playing outside, sitting on the beach and hanging out with friends are what summer is about. These cookies would make a great addition to these activities. If you have kids, I’m sure their friends are over and want to eat all your food! Make these cookies and it will keep the kids satisfied. In fact, if you are looking for an activity to do with them, let them help bake the cookies. The recipe is pretty straight forward and made in one bowl so easy cleanup. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter and sugar using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla extract and salt and mix until everything is well combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Form the dough into 10 balls and place on parchment paper.
- Use a fork and press down slightly, you do not need to flatten them out.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are baked through. do not overcook; they will harden a bit as they cool.
- Let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Let them cool completely otherwise they will fall apart.
Makes 10 cookies.
Recipe by Kristin inspired by Paleo Cooking by Juli Bauer.