2 1/4 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (sub with coconut aminos to make it paleo)
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil (optional)
3 cups broccoli florets
2 tbsp. cold water
1 tbsp. cornstarch (sub with arrowroot to make it paleo)
1 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
1/3 cup dry roasted cashews coarsely chopped
I love different types of stir fry and one that’s made in the slow cooker is a double win!! Enjoy
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces then place in a 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, 3 tbsp. of the orange juice, the ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. If desired, stir in sesame oil. If using the low setting, turn to high. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or just until broccoli is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a bowl. Shred beef using two forks. Add broccoli to beef, cover and keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking liquid through fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan. In a bowl stir the water into cornstarch; stir into strained cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in orange marmalade and remaining 1 tbsp orange juice.
- Add cashews and half the sauce to beef; toss gently to coat. Serve over sauteed greens, raw greens or zucchini noodles.
Recipe from I Didn’t Know My Slow Cook Can Do That.