- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey or ground chicken
- 4 tbsp Taco Seasoning (homemade recipe in notes)
- 2 large avocados
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 4 pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 romaine leaves, shredded
Yum!! A different spin on the traditional taco night. To make your own homemade taco seasoning, combine the following ingredients: 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons cumin, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons celery salt, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon sea salt. Please use this instead of the prepackaged taco seasoning mix. It’s much more delicious and plus you made it yourself! Enjoy.
- Prepare your taco meat – Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat and drain the excess grease. Add 2/3 cup water and 4 tbsp taco seasoning, reduce heat to low and let simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the avocados in half and use a spoon to scoop out some of the flesh of the avocado.
- Add 1/4 of the shredded lettuce into the bottom of each empty avocado shell.
- Next, add 1/4 of the ground beef into each shell
- Top each one with salsa, tomato, jalapeno and avocado.