There should be a little decadence on New Years Eve. This is a great dessert to serve at any party. The truffles are so rich that one is plenty. Enjoy.
- Break up the chocolate for the chocolate ganache and place into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the coconut cream to a simmer (you can do this either on a stove top or in the microwave, just be very careful if doing it in the microwave not to overheat and boil it over).
- Pour the simmering coconut cream over the chocolate pieces in the mixing bowl. Leave to sit for around a minute to melt, then mix it into a chocolate sauce.
- Place into the fridge to set. This will take a few hours (2-3 hours, you’ll know it’s set when you stick a knife into it and it’s solid all the way down).
- When set, use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out even amounts of the ganache and drop it into the cocoa powder, then use your hands to roll it into a ball. The cocoa powder will stop it from sticking to your hands. Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- When all the balls are rolled, place into the freezer to harden.
- When the balls are nice and hard, break up the chocolate for your chocolate coating, and microwave in 30-second intervals bringing out to stir every 30-seconds until completely smooth and melted. Add in your coconut oil and stir in.
- Drop the balls into the chocolate one by one and use two teaspoons to manoeuvre the balls in the chocolate and back onto the parchment lined baking tray. Decorate with chocolate shavings or any other topping you like such as shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts.
- Return to the fridge for the chocolate to set and enjoy!
Recipe from https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-chocolate-truffles/