4 cod fillets (6 oz each)
3/4 tsp. coarse salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
2 to 3 small zucchini, ends trimmed
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
Break away for the regular chicken recipe tonight and make some fish. One pan plans are the way to go! This is a super light dinner and you can serve a small side salad along with it. I like this recipe not recipe not only because it’s super simple but because you have your protein and veggies cooking all on the same pan. Enjoy!
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Rinse the cod and pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of the salt and 1/2 tsp of the black pepper
3) Slice the zucchini into 1/16 inch long ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, turning the zucchini to avoid the seeds. Wrap the ribbons around the fillets, overlapping slightly, and tuck each end under the filet. Place on half of the baking pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place two lemon slices on top of each fillet and sprinkle with thyme.
4) In a medium bowl, drizzle Brussels sprouts with the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Place the Brussels sprouts, cut sides down, on the other half of the pan.
5) Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the fish is just barely starts to flake when pulled apart with a fork and the Brussels sprouts are browned.
Fast and Easy Whole30 Serves 4