- 2/3 cup (55g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60g) flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (20g) unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 2 TBS finely chopped candied ginger (or substitute with 2 tsp to 1 TBS ground ginger)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium bartlett pears
- 3 TBS pecans
- 3 TBS dried cranberries
Everyone needs a sweet treat once in a while. These pear crisps are vegan, gluten free and will hit the sweet tooth spot. You can make the crisps and freeze the leftovers for another time. I’m planning on making these for Neil’s birthday celebration this weekend. He is turning 33! What an old fart! Enjoy the crisps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Microwave the coconut oil for 10 seconds. This should be enough to melt it. Add the oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla with the dry ingredients and mix well. You will end up with a crumbly “dough.”
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and transfer to the baking sheet. Flatten the mixture into a thin layer. I find it best to just use my fingers for this.
- Bake the crisps for about 15-18 minutes, until the edges are a nice golden brown. The center of the cookie will harden after they are out of the oven.
- While the crisps are cooling, chop the pear into small pieces. Top each crisp with the pears. Then, add the pecans and cranberries.
Serves 12, Recipe from healthynibblesandbits.com