- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced small (to help reduce cooking time)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half
- 6-8 eggs
- fresh tomato salsa
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- hot sauce, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- freshly cracked pepper, for garnish
This is a super easy breakfast recipe. It’s a great spin on the traditional eggs and bacon breakfast on the weekends. This will not disappoint! My parents visited a few weekends ago and I made this for breakfast. My dad thoroughly enjoyed it and he is a big fan of breakfast. I would call that a WIN! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with coconut oil cooking spray to keep everything from sticking. Add sweet potatoes to the pan and lightly spray the sweet potatoes, as well. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on top and toss to coat. Place bacon strips on top of sweet potatoes throughout the baking sheet. (It’s fine if not every piece of sweet potato is covered because the coconut spray will help) Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until bacon is crispy and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F. Use a spoon to create a little well in between some of the bacon and sweet potatoes and crack the egg directly into the well. Repeat throughout the baking sheet. Then place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes, for a white top and runny yolk.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh tomato salsa, sliced jalapeños, hot sauce, cilantro, green onions and freshly cracked pepper!
Serves 4-6. Recipe from paleomg.com