1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup Bell Pepper (red or green), chopped
1 cup Onion, cut into wedges
1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
14 oz canned tomatoes
1 1/2 pounds Beef, Flank Steak
15 oz Coconut Milk
zest and juice of 1 lime
2 cups Baby Spinach
1 head Lettuce
This is a great weeknight recipe; it’s simple and easy to prep. I’m a big fan of recipes that you can just put all the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it and forget it. I’m a huge fan of my slow cooker on Sundays. I do my meal prep Sunday mornings so the last thing I want to do Sunday night is cook. This is where my slow cooker comes in! If you can I would put the slow cooker on high for only 4-5 hours for this recipe. I find the veggies stay more crisp on shorter cooking time. But either way it will be delicious! The avocado cream is a great dairy free alternative to the usual sour cream. Enjoy it!
1) In a slow cooker combine the onion, green pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, garlic and a teaspoon of salt.
3) Cut the steak into 4 portions then add to cooker along with tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
4) About a half hour before the beef is finished, make the avocado cream. Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add the coconut milk (solid part only) lime zest and juice and salt. Blend to desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5) Combine the romaine lettuce and spinach in a bowl for the salad. Place in individual bowls and top with fajitas mixture.
6) You can top the salad with the avocado cream, fresh salsa, lime or cilantro.
Recipe by Kristin