- 8-10 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 8-10 limes)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 2 jalapeños, diced (with seeds for extra heat or omit the seeds for less heat) + extra for garnishing
- 1 cup silver agave tequila (or more, if you prefer!)
- lime slices, for garnish
I thought I’d give you a little different recipe this week. Summer time is filled with cocktails. Watching the Yankees play with a summer time cocktail in hand is a great way to spend an afternoon. Clients always ask “if I were to drink, what kinds of drinks should I have?” Well, stay away from sugary mixed drinks and beer instead have a liquor such a vodka, tequila, gin or champagne with club soda or fresh fruit puree and a squeeze of lime or have this watermelon margarita. It’s very refreshing!! Enjoy!
- Blend watermelon in a high speed blender then strain through a mesh strainer into a glass pitcher.
- Then blend together the lime juice, agave and jalapeños and strain once again through a mesh strainer.
- Pour lime mixture into the glass pitcher with the watermelon juice then add tequila and mix to combined.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fresh lime and jalapeño!
Recipe from paleomg.com