- 1 quarter of a large watermelon, peeled and cut in small pieces, about 5 cups of fruit
- Juice from 6 large oranges, about 2 cups juice
- 1 bottle of chilled champagne, cava, prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
Mimosas for Mother’s Day. Brunch is the usual gathering for Mother’s Day and if you are hosting brunch make this mimosa! In my opinion mimosas are a requirement at brunch time. For a non-alcoholic version you can either leave out the champagne or replace it with a sparkling limeade/lemonade or sparkling water. Enjoy!
- Blend the watermelon chunks with the orange juice until you have a smooth mix.
- Strain the watermelon orange mix (not required, but recommended).
- Chill the watermelon orange mix in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the drinks.
- Pour the watermelon orange mix into champagne flutes, about half full.
- Add the champagne or other sparkling wine, pouring it gently to avoid from making a bubbly mess.
- Stir gently and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.