1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound Frozen Spinach, thawed, excess moisture squeezed out
4 large zucchini squash, cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler and ribbons then cut in half.
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. garlic oil
28 oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
Ok so it’s not your typical “lasagna”, but it hits the spot! Healthy eating doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor and this lasagna has all the classic lasagna flavors. Serve it with a side salad or some roasted vegetables and you are good to go! Enjoy.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a food processor or blender, combine the tomatoes and their juice, garlic oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
3) In a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes, stirring and crumbling it with a spoon until cooked.
4) In a 9 inch square pan, spread one third of the tomato sauce. Place one third of the zucchini ribbons on top. Spread half of the ground beef over the zucchini, followed by half of the spinach and half of the Parmesan cheese.
5) Top with another third of the zucchini noodles, another third of the tomato sauce, the remaining half of the ground beef, the remaining half of the spinach.
6) Finish with the remaining zucchini noodles, tomato sauce and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
7) Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more until bubbly.
Recipe from The Flexible FODMaP Diet Cookbook. Serves 6.