Sweet Potato Bacon Quiche
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In an 11×7 baking dish, add olive oil, and coat the bottom and sides of pan.
3. Add the shredded sweet potato, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover with foil, and bake covered for 30 minutes.
5. While the sweet potatoes are baking, add chopped bacon into a large frying pan, and fry over medium heat to desired doneness. Remove bacon from pan and divide into 2 bowls evenly.
Drain excess bacon grease, and then add onion to the frying pan, and fry lightly for 3-4 minutes in the bacon grease.
6. Add mushrooms and kale, and continue to saute for about 5 minutes until softened.
7. In a large bowl, add eggs, almond milk, coconut milk, salt and peppers. Whisk until combined.
8. Add the sauteed kale and mushrooms and half of the bacon into the egg mixture, and stir to combine.
9. When the sweet potatoes are done, remove the foil and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Using hands, press the sweet potato down in the pan and around the edges to form a crust.
10. Fill the sweet potato crust with the egg, bacon and vegetable mixture.
11. Cover with foil, and return to the oven for 35 minutes. Uncover, and bake uncovered for 8 additional minutes.
12. Serve garnished with herbs, salsa, or your favorite hot sauce
Recipe from: https://sunkissedkitchen.com/whole30-quiche/
Total Time: 1 hr. 20 min.