- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado (8 ounces), chopped
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 /4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (such as chives, tarragon, basil, cilantro, and parsley), plus more for serving
- Crudites for serving
One word: yum! This is a great after school snack for kids or pack in their lunch. Make your own ranch dip instead of buying one from the grocery store. It’s really super easy and it’s also a green color which kids would get a kick out of. Give your kids a healthy snack after school instead of cookies or chips. This dip will help your kids focus for their homework instead of hyping them up on sugar making them unable to concentrate. Enjoy.
1) Using a flat side of a knife, mash garlic with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt until a paste forms. Transfer to a food processor with avocado, vinegar, buttermilk, yogurt, mustard, oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper; puree until smooth. Add herbs; pulse just to combine.
2. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve, with crudite.
Recipe from The Today Show