- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed well
- 1 can organic cannelini beans, rinsed well
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed well
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree OR tomato paste
- Mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Carrots sliced thin
- Stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 large onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Ground turkey (optional)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 TBS dried rosemary
- 1 TBS dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven over medium heat. Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrot until the onion is translucent. Add turkey if you choose to use it and cook until all the pink is gone.
- Add your base (either the pumpkin or the tomato) and add enough stock to make it saucy.
- Add the beans and mushrooms, and the seasonings.
- pour in stock so that the beans are almost completely covered. Mix well.
- Take off the stove top and place in oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.
You can portion this out when it’s done so that you have your lunches ready for the week. Also make a great dinner!