- 6 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 cups chicken broth or stock
- Lay chicken breast at the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour broth/stock over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a large bowl or cutting board. Shred with 2 forks. It should easily fall apart. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze. Enjoy!
It’s that time of year again- School’s back in session and it feels like the pace of life in our home has picked up exponentially. Healthy dinners and lunches on the fly will require little extra planning. I like to keep meal prep simple. Chose some foundational ingredients and prepare them in bulk. Baked potatoes and boiled eggs are fantastic examples. Shredded chicken breast is a beautiful blank canvas, and super convenient to have on hand. Season it for tacos or quesadillas (a favorite with my boys), use it as the base of curry chicken salad or chicken pesto, mixed into soups or stews or enjoy it “as is” over garden salads or with side of sweet potato. The variations are endless!