- 1 small onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large head broccoli (10 oz. florets, about 4 cups)
- 1 inch piece ginger (1 Tbsp. grated)
- 1 cup roasted cashews (roast your own by placing the cashews on a foil lined baking sheet, lightly spray with coconut oil spray, sprinkle a little sea salt on top and roast at 375 degrees for about 5-8 minutes.)
- 2-3 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Sesame seeds for topping
- cauliflower rice or zoodles for serving
A delicious stir fry recipe for your meatless Monday meal. Take this recipe to the next level by roasting your own cashews. Enjoy!
Thinly slice onion.
In a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté onion for 8-10 minutes. (I use water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
Meanwhile, mince garlic, grate ginger (peeled if desired), and cut broccoli into florets.
When onion is translucent, add garlic, ginger, and broccoli. Stir.
Add 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth), cover, and let broccoli steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Important: keep an eye on it and add more water/broth as needed to keep the pan from drying out.)
Add cashews and tamari. (Start with 2 Tbsp. tamari and add more as desired.)
Stir well and heat another 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is desired tenderness.
Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds over a warm bed of rice or quinoa.