- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrot
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 c chopped walnuts
1. Combine oat flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
2. Add softened coconut oil, syrup, vanilla extract and cooked mashed carrots. Combine well.
3. Form into bite-sized balls. Roll in chopped walnuts.
4. Bake power balls on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 18 minutes.
Notes: Oat flour and almond meal may be purchased (I used Bob’s Red Mill Brand oat flour and Trader Joe’s almond meal), or they can be made. Put 1 cup rolled oats into your food processor and pulse until it is a flour consistency. Do the same with raw almonds.
Carrot Cake Power Balls are a BFF (Boutique Fitness Favorite)! They are packed with clean wholesome ingredients, yet so nutty and delicious they feel like a treat. Carrot Cake Power Balls make a delightful substitution for cookies or donut holes at summer parties, or wrapped up to enjoy at the beach!