1 head of cauliflower, chopped into floret (or save time and buy premade cauliflower rice)
3 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 plum diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. lime zest
2 tsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
1 to 2 tbsp of your favorite pesto
1 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
2 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp. coconut aminos
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 small carrot, shredded
2 scallions, minced
Cauliflower rice… One main ingredient, 4 different ways! I strongly suggest saving yourself the trouble of making your own cauliflower rice and buy it riced in either in the produce section or the frozen section. If you go this route just make sure the only ingredient is cauliflower. However, if you the time to rice your own cauliflower you can bump up the flavor factor by cutting the cauliflower into florets, roasting them and then ricing them. From there you can continue with any one of the above-mentioned recipes. Enjoy.
1) Rice the cauliflower. There are two ways to do it, either grate the florets into a large bowl using a cheese grater or run the florets through a food processor using the regular blade or even better, the shredding attachment.
2) In a large saute pan over medium heat, combine the butter and riced cauliflower. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and salt and mix well. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft, moving it around every couple of minutes to keep it from burning on the bottom. If you want plain cauliflower rice, you are done here.
1) Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and lime juice to the pan with the cooked rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more to combine and heat through. Fold in the lime zest and cilantro.
1) Add the pesto to the pan with the cooked rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more to combine and heat through.
1) Remove the cooked rice from the pan and set aside. Add the ghee or coconut oil to the pan, then the eggs, and cook until scrambled. Set the cooked eggs aside. Return the rice to the pan, then add the coconut aminos, fish sauce and carrot and mix well. Fold in the eggs and scallions and mix to combined.