- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbs. raw honey (you may also use a sugar-free sweetener like stevia or xylitol)
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth and creamy. Divide into two small dishes and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Garnish with berries, flaked coconut or what ever your heart desires. Delish!
As you may have read, Lara has taken on a 21-Day Vegan Detox Challenge. In celebration of her eating plan, we will devout the month of February to our favorite vegan-frinedly foods. Meat-Lovers, don’t let this scare you;) All of the recipes and tips will rock your world too!
Let’s talk avocado- Yum! This amazing fruit plays a major role in my omnivore diet, as well as in Lara’s vegan plan. It is a such a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats! Avocados support radiant hair, skin and nails, fight inflammation and allow our bodies to absorb many of the fat soluble nutrients present in both the avocado and whatever other foods we may be eating with it.
- Fill up on avocado. They are high in healthy fat and fiber, and low in sugar. Adding avocado to salads and smoothies will keep you satisfied longer, and prevent overeating elsewhere.
- Avocados are a Clean 15! Their thick peel provide protection from pesticide contamination. Organic foods are always best for the Earth, but in this case a conventionally grown avocado is a safe choice.
- Attention Carnivores: Studies show that eating avocado alongside poor quality meat (think your favorite burger or taco joint) will dramatically reduce the inflammation response that would normally occur. It’s also freakin’ delicious!
Surprise your Valentine with a healthy treat! There is no tasting the avocado in this decadent mousse, just smooth chocolate yumminess!!!!