- 1- 20 ounce package of extra lean ground turkey (99% lean)
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 well-packed cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Yeah- get your hands right in there! Form into 4 patties. Grill over medium heat until cooked through and good sear marks appear on each side. These burgers are delightful over a bed of salad greens with Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard. A side of roasted sweet potato is great too! Turkey burgers are fine on a traditional bun, but you can also lighten the meal with collard wraps or sandwiching them between two juicy portobellos. Enjoy!
5.5 grams fat
6.5 grams carbohydrate
34.5 grams protein
Summer’s finally here and it is time to break out the backyard barbecue. Burgers, baby, Burgers!!!