- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 c soy sauce, tamari or liquid aminos
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp siracha (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp onion powder
1. Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and cook on low for up to 8 hours.
2. Remove chicken from crockpot, leaving the sauce. To thicken sauce, add to the crockpot:
- 1 heaping tbs of cornstarch
- 1/4 c water into the crockpot
3. Stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for 20 minutes.
4. Cube or shred chicken. Return to crockpot and coat well with sauce. Serve in lettuce wraps, over cauliflower ‘rice’ or with your favorite grain or salad green. Garnish with:
- sesame seeds
- chopped scallions
It’s getting hot in here…In the midst of our late-July heat wave, most of us want to steer clear of the kitchen. Don’t fall into a nutrition rut. This is a the perfect opportunity to break out your electric crockpot and prepare large batches of staples (think chicken breast or pulled pork) that you will effortlessly enjoy all week. Prep this tasty chicken dish in the early a.m. and it will be ready to go by dinner.