- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper minced
- 4 ounces of cauliflower crumbles
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- dash or two of liquid aminos (I used Braggs)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey (or any combo of meat you enjoy)
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, cauliflower, bell pepper and 1/2 of salt and seasoning. Cook until soft. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl mix together egg, tomato paste, veggies, garlic, meat and remaining seasoning. Form into a 9×5″ loaf. Spray inside of crockpot with non-stick spray. Cook loaf on low heat for about 6 hours. Transfer meat loaf to a large cutting board and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes before slicing. This meatloaf pairs perfectly with our favorite sweet potato cauliflower mash.
Another dinner classic made simpler in your slow cooker Enjoy!