- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (120 g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 6 Tbsp (120 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- optional: 3 Tbsp (30 g) dairy-free chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare an 8 x 8 in baking pan by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a high-speed blender or food processor in the order listed, and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want to add the melted chocolate topping, place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish, and nuke them in 30 second intervals until they’re completely melted. Then, pour the chocolate over the brownies and use a spoon or spatula to spread it around.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe from: https://www.runningwithspoons.com/flourless-pumpkin-brownies/
Total time: 40 minutes