- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I suggest a softened coconut oil or ghee- clarified butter, as they are the healthiest high-heat cooking oils)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Wooden or metal skewers (metal ones will get hot on the grill so be careful!)
- Grab a large bowl and whisk the oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper together. Set aside a small amount of this marinade so you can brush it onto the kebabs later.
- Put the chicken, garlic, onions, peppers, and zucchini into the bowl and let everything marinate for at least a few hours – the more time you let it marinate, the bolder the flavors will be.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Then, drain the marinade from the chicken and veggies before discarding the marinade. Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers alternately, in whatever order you’d like – or, you can keep chicken skewers and veggie skewers separate if you want to cook them on different heat levels. We grilled the veggies and chicken separately to keep some kebabs vegetarian-friendly:)
- Lightly oil the grill and put the skewers on the grill. Cook then for 12-15 minutes – the chicken juices should run clear. Turn the skewers and brush with the reserved marinade frequently while grilling.
(makes about 12 kebabs)
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Labor day may have passed, but we still have a few weeks of summer ahead and I plan to enjoy every second of it! Don’t pack away the grill yet. Try these delicious honey chicken skewers. They are quick enough for a simple weeknight meal, or will satisfy a crowd at your next weekend bash. Enjoy!!!