- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or 1/2 cup cooked per bowl)
- 2 cups red lentils (or 1/2 cup cooked per bowl)
- 4 large carrots (or about 1/2 cup chopped per bowl)
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (or about 1 cup per bowl)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (or about 1 cup chopped per bowl)
- salt and pepper and 1 tsp olive oil for roasting the squash and carrots
- top with additional veggies if desired.
- For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 4 tbsp tahini (60 g)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- water to thin, slowly add and whisk until you reach your desired consistency
Hearty veggie bowl with plant based protein. If you are used to eating meat, switch it up with a plant based protein. Enjoy!
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the peeled and cubed butternut squash and chopped carrot to a roasting tray. Add 1 tsp olive oil and a generous sprinkling of sea salt and pepper and use your hands to mix so everything is coated.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli and cook the quinoa and lentils if you haven’t prepared them in advance.
- To make the tahini sauce, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, divide everything between 4 containers or bowls and serve right away. If you’re making this recipe in advance, store everything separately until just before serving.
Recipe from: https://runningonrealfood.com/lentil-quinoa-bowl/
Total time: 55 mins.