- 2 large oven roasted sweet potatoes,, rinsed and dried
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean is perfect!) You can also use ground turkey or if you want to make it vegetarian, you can use tempeh or more chopped mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid aminos (or coconut amino if following the whole30)
- Seasonings (to taste):garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, paprika, pepper.
- *If using a Bragg’s, there’s no need to add salt.
**If not using Bragg’s, add about a 1/4 teaspoon of salt, or to taste.
Loaded Sweet Potato (4-5 servings)
Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until fork tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato In half and set aside.
Heat a non stick pan or skillet at medium heat. Add coconut oil and allow it to melt and coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onion, beef, and seasonings, and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, spinach, and Bragg’s. Cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the beef is completely cooked through.
Top each sweet potato half with a hearty scoop of the beef and veggie mixture. You may even have some left over to throw on a salad for a quick lunch later in the week!
Here’s the recipe I whipped up the other night for a quick dinner. It was so yummy, and definitely whole30 approved.