- 2 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs: 2 Tbsp flaxseed + 5 Tbsp water set aside for 10-15 mins
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease 2 small skillets (6″) or 1 larger skillet (9-10″) with coconut oil, or line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the flax eggs and whisk to combine.
Stir in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until a smooth batter forms. Fold in pecans, leaving 2 Tbsp to sprinkle over the top.
Divide batter between the 2 6 inch skillets or a 9″ baking dish/pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes if using skillets and 35-40 if using a single baking dish.
*To make the flax eggs, mix 2 Tbsp flaxseed with 5 Tbsp water and set aside for 10-15 mins, then add to recipe as you would raw eggs.
Recipe from: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/banana-breakfast-bake-paleo-vegan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThePaleoRunningMomma+%28The+Paleo+Running+Momma%29
Total time: 40 minutes