- 2 medium size sweet potatoes about 2 cups, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning (posted last week)
- For the rice:
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
For the potatoes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Drizzle cubed potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil and toss to coat.
Onto a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in an even layer. Roast 10-15 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
For the rice:
To a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add rice and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is softened and fragrant.
Add vegan chicken broth, lime juice, and sea salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Stir in lime zest. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
Into a large, deep skillet over medium heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add roasted potatoes, black beans, and taco seasoning. Mix together to evenly distribute seasoning.
Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Add cooked rice and stir to blend ingredients. Continue cooking another 1-2 minutes to heat rice, if needed. Serve hot.
Recipe from: https://thiswifecooks.com/roasted-sweet-potato-black-bean-and-lime-rice-bowls/