- 2 bunches kale, fibrous stems (in the middle of the leaf) removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- roasted veggies
- any type of protein you like
- For the kale, remove the fibrous stems, leaving you with just the greens. On your cutting board, pile all the leaves on top of each other and massage with your hands for about three to five minutes, until the leaves are no longer bitter. You use a similar motion as you would kneading bread! Move the leaves around every several kneads so you aren’t massaging some more than others. I know it sounds weird, but it really works!!
- Slice the massaged kale into bite size pieces.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the kale, almonds, and Parmesan into a large bowl. Top with dressing and toss to combine.
- You may need less dressing (or maybe a little more) depending on the size of your bunches of kale. Just dress to your preference. The dressing is super easy to whip up if you need to make a little extra (for extra large bunches!).
Recipe from: https://www.thegarlicdiaries.com/simple-kale-salad-with-lemon-vinaigrette/
Total Time: 15 minutes