- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Cover potatoes with cold salted water in a large pot, then bring to a boil. Simmer about 5-7 min (partly cooked). Drain well. When cool, slice the potatoes lengthwise.
2. Mix together salt, spices, vinegar and oil. Brush mixture on potatoes. Grill potatoes on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat, until grill marks appear and the potatoes are cooked through (about 15 min). Serve warm.
This recipe is from wholefoodsmarket.com and is a new summer favorite. Thank you Sandi for the tip! These spiced grilled sweet potatoes are the perfect compliment to chicken, fish or pork as well as other grilled veggies. Eggplant, mushroom, zucchini and bell pepper all come to mind. Enjoy!