1/2 cup Mushroom, diced
1 large Zucchini, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 medium sweet potato, chopped in small cubes
1 pound ground chicken breast
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Flat Leaf Parsley Fresh, minced
1 teaspoon Rosemary, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
When it comes to breakfast, try and think outside of the box. Break free from what you think a “traditional” breakfast is supposed to be. Most cereals are loaded with sugar and have ingredients that you can’t even pronounce. Just having a piece of toast is satisfying for about 5 minutes and has zero protein, healthy fats or veggies. Sure pancakes and waffles sound delicious but about an hour or so after eating them your blood sugar rapidly declines and you are left feeling sluggish and craving more sugar.
Breakfast will become an easier to meal to prep for yourself if you either have leftovers from dinner or have a nontraditional breakfast. This sweet potato and chicken hash is just that, outside the box. If you want you can top it with an egg or some sliced avocado. You can also put the hash of a bed of baby spinach. Double the recipe so that you and your kids can enjoy it before school and work to keep them and you satisfied throughout the entire day. Make sure you buy ground chicken breasts. If you just buy ground chicken god only knows what else is in there. Enjoy!
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3) Place the sweet potato in the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add the ground chicken, carrots, onion and salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
4) Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 6 to 8 minutes longer or until the mushrooms and zucchini and tender.
5) Top with an egg if desired.
* Can also use grass fed ground beef, ground turkey or breakfast sausage.
Recipe from Against the Grain