2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp. ghee
1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 large eggs
1.5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Peel and slice sweet potatoes. I sliced mine using a mandoline, but a knife works great as well.
3) Lightly coat a pie dish with cooking spray, then fill the bottom of the dish with a layer of sweet potato slices. Cut the sweet potato rounds in half and fill around the edges of the pie dish; round side facing up. Once the entire dish is filled, coat one more time with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
4) Turn heat up to 375°.
5) For the filling, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Add spinach and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
6) In a bowl combine eggs, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper; stir with a whisk. Arrange spinach mixture in crust; pour egg mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
7)Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 4 wedges.
Anyone host brunch for the holidays? I do for Neil’s side of the family. We do a Christmas brunch a week before Christmas since Neil and I travel to New Jersey for Christmas. Brunch is such an easy meal to host. It’s relaxed, it’s early in the day and it’s fun! I tested this recipe a few weeks ago and I will be making it again for Smola Christmas (as we call it). I’m also going to make a broccoli salad and probably one more dish. I still need to figure that out. Here’s to starting the day off right.