- 1/2 cup walnuts (feel free to toast the walnuts before using)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 cup | about 8 pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
Turmeric is a great natural anti inflammatory spice. It’s related to ginger but has a little bit more of a warmer pungent flavor. Fresh turmeric can be found in the produce section of a grocery store or in ground in the spice aisle. I mix a little in my shakes sometimes or tea too. Enjoy!
- Add all of your ingredients to a high powdered blender or food processor and pulse until the dates and walnuts are broken up into small pieces and the mixture sticks together. If your mixture is too dry add a couple more dates. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl for easier rolling. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls.
- Store these in the fridge for up to a week. Can also be stored in the freezer and defrosted as needed.
Recipe from: https://www.asaucykitchen.com/turmeric-snack-bites/ Yields 10 balls