- veggies of your choice red pepper, zucchini and rainbow chard for me.
- A tablespoon of butter, ghee or coconut oil for sauté, a little cooking spray for the muffin tin.
- 12 eggs, or 1 carton of egg whites plus 4 eggs, or 1.5 (-ish) cartons of egg whites.
- Any additional fixings to make these babies delis: A little chicken sausage, a couple pieces of bacon, salt, pepper, thyme…use your imagination.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces.
- Sauté on the stovetop until soft.
- Distribute the cooked veggies evenly into the sprayed muffin tin.
- Beat eggs (if using whole eggs), season with salt and pepper and pour over the veggies. Fill each section of the muffin tin close to the top without spilling over.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 min.
- Let them set in the pan for an additional 5 minutes. Store them in the fridge in a sealed container. Grab two whenever you need a quick meal or snack. They reheat well in the microwave (about 45 seconds for two), although I have been known to eat them cold. Enjoy!!!!
Eating more non-starchy vegetables (and I am talking daily double-digit portions) is a sure fire way to boost your health and trim your waistline. Breakfast is a fantastic and often overlooked opportunity to pack in more veggie goodness (and yes, 10 in 10er’s, get more green highlights on your food log;) For a quick and veggie packed breakfast, give our muffin tin frittatas a go. Thank you to Jessica for reminding me how delicious they are!