- 12 ounces Wild Sea Scallops
- 1⁄2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Walnuts (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1⁄8 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1⁄8 cup Brown Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Defrost Sea Scallops according to package.
- Set out 3 small bowls, one with almond meal, one with eggs (stirred with fork), and one with crushed walnuts.
- Melt 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Coat each sea scallop with almond meal, then dip it in the egg mixture, then coat with crushed walnuts. Add into hot skillet. Repeat for 6 scallops.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, flipping carefully with tongs to keep the coating in tact. Scallops should be opaque white and not translucent when fully cooked.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: yellow mustard, brown mustard, and honey.
- Dip scallops in the sauce and enjoy!
Recipe from Kristin
One word: YUM! This is not an average weeknight dinner. This would qualify as a elegant Valentine’s Day dinner. Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your significant other? Neil and I really don’t do much for Valentine’s Day. Serve these scallops with a side salad or maybe some prosciutto wrapped asparagus or roasted veggies. The star of the dish is definitely the scallops. Enjoy!