3/4 cup Mushrooms, diced small
3/4 cup Broccoli, diced small
3/4 cup Onion, diced small
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
1 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 whole egg
2 cups Cauliflower (1 head)
1 small jar Rao’s tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. fresh basil, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
As much as we all love pizza, it’s not something that should be eaten on the regular. This veggie pizza will definitely satisfy the pizza craving. Feel free to swap out different veggies such as asparagus, peppers, spinach, fresh tomatoes and basil. Just make sure you get all the liquid out of the cauliflower to ensure a super crispy crust. If you are falling short of your veggie intake this a good meal to make sure you eat your veggies. You are warned: this recipe is a labor of love. There are quite a few steps but it’s not a super hard recipe. It just takes some time. Try to cook it on a night when you have extra time. Enjoy!
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Cut the cauliflower into florets. Put in a microwave safe bowl add a 3 tablespoons of water and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
3) Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it is like the consistency of rice. Make certain to not over-pulse, as it will be harder to spread.
4) Place pulsed cauliflower in a bowl lined with cheesecloth or paper towels.
5) Holding by the four corners of cheesecloth or paper towels with one hand, squeeze out the liquid as much as you can with other hand. The cauliflower at this point should be dry. Repeat this process a couple of times if need. This is very important to ensure a crispy crust.
6) Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of Mozzarella and one egg — mix well.
7) Add the rest of the oregano, basil, onion powder and garlic powder, salt and pepper to cauliflower and cheese mixture.
8) Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
9)Coat parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. (You can not use aluminum foil or wax paper, as the cauliflower will stick to pan).
10) Spread cauliflower onto parchment paper, making it into a pizza shape. Make sure to spread the cauliflower mixture as thin as possible. The thinner the crust, the crispier it will get. You now have your pizza crust.
11) Bake the crust in oven for 20-22 minutes until the dough is golden brown and bubbly.
12) While the crust bakes, sautee all the veggies until softened but still crisp.
14) Remove crust from the oven and turn oven onto Broil.
15) Spread sauce over crust then spread the cooked vegetables and lastly sprinkle 1 cup of remaining Mozzarella cheese over top.
16) Place baking sheet back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 3-5 minutes. Watch to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Recipe by: Kristin inspired by skinnymom.com