- 2-3 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1½ – 2 lbs potatoes or sweet potatoes, chopped or cut in half (depending on size)
- 3-4 medium size carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
St. Patrick’s Day is upon us and what easier way to cook corned beef than in your crock pot. I buy the slow cooker bags from the grocery store to make clean up super easy. I may look 100% Irish but I’m actually 1/3 Irish, 1/3 Italian and 1/3 German. I wish I tanned like my mother who is pretty much 100% Italian. The sun and I aren’t friends. St. Patrick’s Day is one of those holidays that people celebrate whether they are Irish or not. Every St. Patrick’s Day growing up my family and I would go over to my Italian grandmother’s house for corned beef and cabbage…go figure. The one Sunday a year it wasn’t pasta, gravy, bread, and cake. Celebrate your Irish side this corned beef and cabbage. Enjoy!
- Add potatoes, carrots and onion to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add corned beef brisket on top.
- Pour water on top of all the food.
- Sprinkle spice packet on top of meat and potatoes, vegetables.
- Cook HIGH 4-6 hours or LOW 8-12.
- Add cabbage and cook an 30-45 minutes or until cabbage is tender
Recipe from fitslowcookerqueen.com, serves 4