- 2 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 cup, divided roughly shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons pesto (I used a store-bought pesto from Whole Foods, but home-made is great too!)
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the cut face of squash and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Place face down on the baking sheet and roast in the oven about 40 minutes. The squash should be tender when pricked with a fork.
2. Allow the squash to cool enough to handle. With a fork, scrape the squash strands into a large bowl. Add pesto, 3/4 c of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Transfer into a 9×12 baking dish. Top with remaining parmesan cheese and return to oven for about 30 minutes. The top should get lightly browned. Enjoy!!!