Supplementation is a huge topic. There are countless options for supplementation of the various lifestyles people lead. Whether it’s for better sleep, more energy, weight-loss, better immunity, building muscle… and then some.
We like to keep things simple at the studio. The supplements we provide are for general wellness, recovery, and longevity. Here is a breakdown of the BFF must-haves:
Vital Proteins Powder & Gummies: Collagen is the main protein in the body and helps support our strength, flexibility and movement. Regular collagen supplementation helps combat the natural decline of production by our bodies. It supports healthy skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.
- Lara: One scoop of collagen to my coffee, twice a day (2 scoops total). I prefer to run on an empty stomach and I find that the collagen in my coffee helps keep me from being super hungry at the end of my run.
- Angela: One scoop of collagen daily – in my coffee.
SunWarrior Protein: A fusion of several rich plant-based protein sources. Medium-chain triglycerides from coconut work with the other ingredients to create a vegan protein exceptionally rich in amino acids and BCAAs.
- Lara: I use the vanilla protein in smoothies. I prepare smoothie ‘baggies’ for the freezer with all the ingredients including the protein. This makes it easy for my daughter to make a smoothie in the morning too. It’s nice knowing she’s getting what she needs before school 🙂
LMNT: LMNT is a high salt electrolyte drink formulated to help anyone with their electrolyte needs and perfectly suited to folks following a keto, low-carb, or paleo diet.
- Lara: LMNT has been a game changer for me. I get restless leg at night and since incorporating electrolytes, it’s a non-issue. It has also been vital in my recovery from long runs and helps me keep hunger at bay in between meals. I love adding ½ pack of the chocolate LMNT to my coffee (delicious!). And then I add ½ pack of watermelon LMNT to my water. So I do one whole packet a day.
- Angela: Electrolytes- yesss! I use LMNT 1x day (most days) – Usually split between mid afternoon, and later in the evening. I try not to snack after dinner, so the LMNT helps a lot and I think… helps me sleep better.
Four Sigmatic : Four Sigmatic foods are the most nutrient dense, most studied foods on the planet, and those are the foods you’ll find these products. Great for concentration and alertness without the jitters or sugar highs. A perfect mid-day pick me up!
- Lara: The Chai Latte is my favorite for when I need an afternoon pick-up.
SunWarrior CBD: A natural remedy that can be used for a number of common ailments from pain and inflammation to anxiety and depression. Hemp oil works more effectively when combined with curcumin and vitamin D, which you will find in this formula.
- Lara: I use CBD when I need to talk a lot:) If I have a long day of coaching, any kind of meeting, or just have a lot on my to-do list… CBD helps me stay calm and collected. Sometimes I also use it before bed to help me fall asleep.
SunWarrior Omega 3: This algae based Omega formula is sustainably grown and harvested for bioavailable Omega-3, 6, 7, and 9 fatty acids. It contains essential polar lipids and chlorophyll. All known to help reduce inflammation and promote healthy vision, joints, brain, and cardiovascular health.
- Lara: I take Omega’s because Angela says it’s a must. LOL Honestly I’m pretty bad at taking supplements on their own, although I know how important Omega 3 is… And if there’s one thing Angela is constant about, it’s the importance of Omega 3… so I try really hard to stay consistent. I like that the algae formula has no after taste.
It’s worth noting that we do not have a Greens drink on this list or at the studios. This is because we find that flavor varies so much with greens drinks that it is worth trying several brands and deciding on the one that you can actually enjoy. Angela’s family is partial to Bulletproof Greens. Bulletproof is a super reputable company and worth a shot. I for one have a really hard time drinking greens without my gag reflexes kicking in, which has kept me from making it a part of my routine until I found Athletic Greens.
Athletic Greens covers a lot of bases for me. It’s a complete multi-vitamin, biotin supplement, complete greens supplement, and much more. I actually really enjoy the flavor and drink my one scoop in 8oz. of water first thing in the morning while doing my morning stretches. It’s definitely pricier than other brands, but it’s the only green drink that has worked for me. Check it out here and you can receive a year supply of Vitamin D3 + K2.