1 lb brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
4 slices of bacon, chopped
2 Tbs avocado oil
1 tsp raw honey
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spread brussels sprouts and bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet
3. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Pour mixture over the brussels sprouts and bacon. Toss until well covered.
5. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning every 10 min or so.
6. Enjoy immediately!!!!
recipe first appeared at barerootgirl.com
Brussels sprouts often get a bad rap, but with a little love and some crispy bacon, these tiny cabbage can be mouthwatering – Fit for a feast!
Top 4 Reasons to Eat Brussels Sprouts Today:
- Brussels sprouts are loaded with a compounds called Glucosinolates to support cellular detoxification and protection from DNA damage (cancer).
- Nutrient Rich, these cruciferous veggies are packed full of Vitamins A, C, E and K as well as important minerals like manganese.
- Compounds in brussels sprouts are shown to fight systemic/chronic inflammation.
- Digestive support. The fiber in brussels sprouts stabilize blood sugar and keep our plumbing humming along smoothly.